Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 30, 2013
Asian Carp Processing Plant Brings 50 Jobs to Wickliffe
An Asian carp processing plant opened today in Wickliffe.
The Two Rivers Fishery plans to create 50 jobs, invest more than $2.5 million in the project and add to Kentucky exports.
The plant will blast-freeze processed fish for shipment to South East Asia. The by-products of the invasive fish can also be used in fertilizer. The plant plans to process and sell up to 10,000 pounds of Asian carp per day.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved the fishery for up to $1 million in tax incentives through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The Delta Regional Authority also authorized more than $300,000 for the company.