Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu May 30, 2013
Asian Carp Processing Plant Brings 50 Jobs to Wickliffe
An Asian carp processing plant opened today in Wickliffe.
The Two Rivers Fishery plans to create 50 jobs, invest more than $2.5 million in the project and add to Kentucky exports.
The plant will blast-freeze processed fish for shipment to South East Asia. The by-products of the invasive fish can also be used in fertilizer. The plant plans to process and sell up to 10,000 pounds of Asian carp per day.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved the fishery for up to $1 million in tax incentives through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The Delta Regional Authority also authorized more than $300,000 for the company.