Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue January 8, 2013
Ashley Judd Still Considering Senate Bid, Says Mother Naomi Judd
Originally published on Tue January 8, 2013 12:45 pm
In an interview with Larry King, country music singer Naomi Judd says her activist-actress daughter Ashley is still weighing whether to run against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., in 2014.
The elder Judd told King that her daughter "doesn't know" if she's going to jump in the race, but that Ashley is "very interested in changing the world." As King pointed out, however, the choice will have to come sooner than later given that Judd doesn't live in Kentucky.
Judd is by far the most popular choice among Kentucky Democrats and trails McConnell by only four points, according to the polls. However, McConnell's campaign released internal numbers showing the GOP leader beating Judd by a 20-point margin once voters read about her liberal position on most issues.