Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue January 8, 2013
Ashley Judd Still Considering Senate Bid, Says Mother Naomi Judd
Originally published on Tue January 8, 2013 12:45 pm
In an interview with Larry King, country music singer Naomi Judd says her activist-actress daughter Ashley is still weighing whether to run against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., in 2014.
The elder Judd told King that her daughter "doesn't know" if she's going to jump in the race, but that Ashley is "very interested in changing the world." As King pointed out, however, the choice will have to come sooner than later given that Judd doesn't live in Kentucky.
Judd is by far the most popular choice among Kentucky Democrats and trails McConnell by only four points, according to the polls. However, McConnell's campaign released internal numbers showing the GOP leader beating Judd by a 20-point margin once voters read about her liberal position on most issues.