Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue January 8, 2013
Ashley Judd Still Considering Senate Bid, Says Mother Naomi Judd
Originally published on Tue January 8, 2013 12:45 pm
In an interview with Larry King, country music singer Naomi Judd says her activist-actress daughter Ashley is still weighing whether to run against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., in 2014.
The elder Judd told King that her daughter "doesn't know" if she's going to jump in the race, but that Ashley is "very interested in changing the world." As King pointed out, however, the choice will have to come sooner than later given that Judd doesn't live in Kentucky.
Judd is by far the most popular choice among Kentucky Democrats and trails McConnell by only four points, according to the polls. However, McConnell's campaign released internal numbers showing the GOP leader beating Judd by a 20-point margin once voters read about her liberal position on most issues.