Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu May 1, 2014
Ashland to Cut 800 Jobs, Calvert City Not Affected
Calvert City's Ashland Inc. chemical plant won't be affected by a planned cut of 800 jobs by the Covington, Ky.-based company.
The cuts come as part of a restructuring campaign and will be carried out by the end of 2014.
Ashland employs around 9,000 people across the United States and 15,000 globally. The restructuring will save Ashland $200 million annually.
The 800 affected employees with leave the company through a voluntary severance program or their job will be eliminated.