Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 1, 2014
Ashland to Cut 800 Jobs, Calvert City Not Affected
Calvert City's Ashland Inc. chemical plant won't be affected by a planned cut of 800 jobs by the Covington, Ky.-based company.
The cuts come as part of a restructuring campaign and will be carried out by the end of 2014.
Ashland employs around 9,000 people across the United States and 15,000 globally. The restructuring will save Ashland $200 million annually.
The 800 affected employees with leave the company through a voluntary severance program or their job will be eliminated.