Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu December 13, 2012
Army Corps to Hold Public Meetings on New Dam Restrictions
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers holds public meetings in January on new water restrictions above and below Cumberland River dams, including Lake Barkley Dam. The Corps is still finalizing details on the plan prohibiting fishing, swimming and wading near the dams.
A Corps statement says since 2009 three people have died in hazardous waters downstream of Cumberland River dams. Officials hold a teleconference with reporters today. Hear more details during All Things Considered.