Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 13, 2012
Army Corps to Hold Public Meetings on New Dam Restrictions
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers holds public meetings in January on new water restrictions above and below Cumberland River dams, including Lake Barkley Dam. The Corps is still finalizing details on the plan prohibiting fishing, swimming and wading near the dams.
A Corps statement says since 2009 three people have died in hazardous waters downstream of Cumberland River dams. Officials hold a teleconference with reporters today. Hear more details during All Things Considered.