Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu December 13, 2012
Army Corps to Hold Public Meetings on New Dam Restrictions
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers holds public meetings in January on new water restrictions above and below Cumberland River dams, including Lake Barkley Dam. The Corps is still finalizing details on the plan prohibiting fishing, swimming and wading near the dams.
A Corps statement says since 2009 three people have died in hazardous waters downstream of Cumberland River dams. Officials hold a teleconference with reporters today. Hear more details during All Things Considered.