Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu December 13, 2012
Army Corps to Hold Public Meetings on New Dam Restrictions
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers holds public meetings in January on new water restrictions above and below Cumberland River dams, including Lake Barkley Dam. The Corps is still finalizing details on the plan prohibiting fishing, swimming and wading near the dams.
A Corps statement says since 2009 three people have died in hazardous waters downstream of Cumberland River dams. Officials hold a teleconference with reporters today. Hear more details during All Things Considered.