Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri August 21, 2009
Army: 4 soldiers killed in Colo. helicopter crash
Leadville, CO – The Army says four Fort Campbell soldiers died after a Black Hawk helicopter crashed on Colorado's second-highest mountain. The helicopter crashed Wednesday afternoon near the summit of Mount Massive. The Army's Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., announced the deaths yesterday.
The Army initially said two were killed, one was injured and one was missing. The missing man was found later. It wasn't clear when he and the soldier who was reported injured had died. Their names and the cause of the crash haven't been released. The helicopter was on a training mission 85 miles southwest of Denver.