Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 21, 2009
Army: 4 soldiers killed in Colo. helicopter crash
Leadville, CO – The Army says four Fort Campbell soldiers died after a Black Hawk helicopter crashed on Colorado's second-highest mountain. The helicopter crashed Wednesday afternoon near the summit of Mount Massive. The Army's Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., announced the deaths yesterday.
The Army initially said two were killed, one was injured and one was missing. The missing man was found later. It wasn't clear when he and the soldier who was reported injured had died. Their names and the cause of the crash haven't been released. The helicopter was on a training mission 85 miles southwest of Denver.