Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed September 30, 2009
Armed Forces Readiness Center Ready in 4-6 Weeks
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The Armed Forces Readiness Center at Barkley Regional Airport is expected to be occupied by early November; almost a year after its relative completion. The Paducah Sun reports the almost $15 million facility has been substantially completed since last December, but has not been permanently occupied because of an apparent problem in ordering furniture. According to a Kentucky National Guard spokesman, the furniture has been ordered and is ready to be installed. Some of the ordering problems involved adhering to strict military purchasing requirements. The building and 20-acre compound that adjoins the airport will be the new home of the U.S. Army Reserve and the Kentucky Civil Air Patrol.