Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 7, 2010
Area Warming Shelters
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Several Purchase and Pennyrile counties have opened warming shelters ahead of tonight's extreme cold. St. John's Episcopal Church in Calloway County will be open from 6 PM to 8 AM. However, they will close at 10 if no one shows up. Bardwell Baptist Church in Carlisle County will be open the rest of the week between 4 PM and 8 AM. Eight warming shelters are open throughout Fulton County. They are Hickman First Baptist, East Baptist, West Baptist, Casey Baptist, Mount Carmel Baptist, Davis Chapel, Parkway Church of Christ, and Fulton First Baptist. Fulton County's shelters open at 5 tonight and will close at 11 if no one shows up. Ballard, McCracken, Christian, Marshall, Hopkins, Hickman, and Trigg counties are on standby and will open shelters if they need to. The Salvation Army and the Red Cross are also coordinating shelter operations across the region.