Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 7, 2010
Area Warming Shelters
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Several Purchase and Pennyrile counties have opened warming shelters ahead of tonight's extreme cold. St. John's Episcopal Church in Calloway County will be open from 6 PM to 8 AM. However, they will close at 10 if no one shows up. Bardwell Baptist Church in Carlisle County will be open the rest of the week between 4 PM and 8 AM. Eight warming shelters are open throughout Fulton County. They are Hickman First Baptist, East Baptist, West Baptist, Casey Baptist, Mount Carmel Baptist, Davis Chapel, Parkway Church of Christ, and Fulton First Baptist. Fulton County's shelters open at 5 tonight and will close at 11 if no one shows up. Ballard, McCracken, Christian, Marshall, Hopkins, Hickman, and Trigg counties are on standby and will open shelters if they need to. The Salvation Army and the Red Cross are also coordinating shelter operations across the region.