Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 7, 2010
Area Warming Shelters
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Several Purchase and Pennyrile counties have opened warming shelters ahead of tonight's extreme cold. St. John's Episcopal Church in Calloway County will be open from 6 PM to 8 AM. However, they will close at 10 if no one shows up. Bardwell Baptist Church in Carlisle County will be open the rest of the week between 4 PM and 8 AM. Eight warming shelters are open throughout Fulton County. They are Hickman First Baptist, East Baptist, West Baptist, Casey Baptist, Mount Carmel Baptist, Davis Chapel, Parkway Church of Christ, and Fulton First Baptist. Fulton County's shelters open at 5 tonight and will close at 11 if no one shows up. Ballard, McCracken, Christian, Marshall, Hopkins, Hickman, and Trigg counties are on standby and will open shelters if they need to. The Salvation Army and the Red Cross are also coordinating shelter operations across the region.