Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon August 13, 2012
Archives: Commentary - Von Freeman and the Definition of Celebrity
RIP Von Freeman, Chicago jazz legend, who passed away at 88 today. (Article from Chicago Tribune). We pulled this commentary from the archives by Cafe Jazz host Brian Clardy, recorded in 2007.
Earl Lavon Freeman, one of Chicago's most influential Jazz elders, has been playing tenor saxophone since the 1930s. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about why Von Freeman defines the meaning of celebrity.