Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 13, 2012
Archives: Commentary - Von Freeman and the Definition of Celebrity
RIP Von Freeman, Chicago jazz legend, who passed away at 88 today. (Article from Chicago Tribune). We pulled this commentary from the archives by Cafe Jazz host Brian Clardy, recorded in 2007.
Earl Lavon Freeman, one of Chicago's most influential Jazz elders, has been playing tenor saxophone since the 1930s. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about why Von Freeman defines the meaning of celebrity.