Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon August 13, 2012
Archives: Commentary - Von Freeman and the Definition of Celebrity
RIP Von Freeman, Chicago jazz legend, who passed away at 88 today. (Article from Chicago Tribune). We pulled this commentary from the archives by Cafe Jazz host Brian Clardy, recorded in 2007.
Earl Lavon Freeman, one of Chicago's most influential Jazz elders, has been playing tenor saxophone since the 1930s. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about why Von Freeman defines the meaning of celebrity.