This year’s winners of the American Quilt Society’s annual QuiltWeek are sharing part of the $125,000 in cash prizes.
Quilts from 29 states and 5 countries have won awards at this year’s contest.
Some of the top winners include Marilyn Badger of Utah, Barbara Korengold of Maryland, Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga of The Netherlands and Aki Sakai of Japan. See the full list below.
Janome America Best of Show
ARANDANO, Marilyn Badger, St. George, UT
AQS Best Hand Workmanship Award
- BEN’S MIDNIGHT GARDEN, Barbara Korengold, Chevy Chase, MD
- BERNINA of America Best Home Machine Workmanship Award
- HOPELESS, Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga, Kollumerzwaag, Friesland, Netherlands
APQS Best Longarm Machine Workmanship Award
- MY BRUNETTE WHIG, Gail Stepanek and Jan Hutchison, New Lenox, IL
Moda Fabrics Best Wall Award
- IT’S THE COWBOY WAY, Karlyn Bue Lohrenz, Billings, MT
Coats & Clark Best Wall Hand Workmanship Award
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2, Aki Sakai, Hachiouji, Tokyo, Japan
Brother International Corporation Best Wall Home Machine Workmanship Award
- A PASSION FOR PURPLE, Andrea Brokenshire, Round Rock, TX
Handi Quilter Best Wall Longarm Machine Workmanship Award
- REBORN, Molly Hamilton-McNally, Tehachapi, CA
A1 Quilting Machines Best Miniature Quilt Award
- DAISY CHAIN, Laura Welklin, Noblesville, IN
TinLizzie18 Judge’s Recognition Award – Karen Kay Buckley
- ONE CAKE, TWO CAKE, RED CAKE, BLUE CAKE, Linda Neal and Jackie Brown, McKinney, TX
TinLizzie18 Judge’s Recognition Award – Ricky Tims
- A SHARED DESTINY, Patricia Kennedy-Zafred, Murrysville, PA
TinLizzie18 Judge’s Recognition Award – Donna Wilder
- FLIGHT PATH, Mary A. Menzer, Virginia Beach, VA
Nearly 600 quilts are on display at the Paducah-McCracken County Expo and Convention Center through this Friday.