Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue April 21, 2009
AQS Show to Begin
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – The 25th Annual American Quilter's Society Show and Contest will open to the general public tomorrow after months of uncertainty. The status of a loan for renovations to the Executive Inn and Convention Center had put show's future in jeopardy. But as Executive Director of the Paducah Convention and Visitor Bureau Mary Hammond tells community correspondent J-J Leatherman, the week ahead looks bright.
"You know that's why when people ask us, 'But oh, what about the downturn in the economy?' People will travel if they have a passion. And quilting is, as you know, everyone around here, by looking at the license plates and seeing how far they've come they have a passion for quilting."
Hammond says tomorrow visitors can view the all 24 quilts that have won best in show throughout the contest's history. The event continues through Saturday.