Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue April 21, 2009
AQS Show to Begin
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – The 25th Annual American Quilter's Society Show and Contest will open to the general public tomorrow after months of uncertainty. The status of a loan for renovations to the Executive Inn and Convention Center had put show's future in jeopardy. But as Executive Director of the Paducah Convention and Visitor Bureau Mary Hammond tells community correspondent J-J Leatherman, the week ahead looks bright.
"You know that's why when people ask us, 'But oh, what about the downturn in the economy?' People will travel if they have a passion. And quilting is, as you know, everyone around here, by looking at the license plates and seeing how far they've come they have a passion for quilting."
Hammond says tomorrow visitors can view the all 24 quilts that have won best in show throughout the contest's history. The event continues through Saturday.