Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed June 17, 2009
APSU, MSU Enrollment Up
By Carrie Pond
Clarksville, TN – It looks as if enrollment at two regional institutions won't be affected by the down economy. Austin Peay State University provost Tristan Denley says applications are up 16 percent and the first two summer welcome sessions were well-attended. That leaves Denley estimating an overall 4 percent enrollment increase this fall. In a recent report Murray State recruitment officials indicated enrollment numbers were down during the spring semester. Students cited finances as a reason for not returning. But preliminary reports show growth in several areas for the fall semester, including a 16 percent jump in freshman enrollment. MSU's final enrollment numbers will be available in October.