Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed June 17, 2009
APSU, MSU Enrollment Up
By Carrie Pond
Clarksville, TN – It looks as if enrollment at two regional institutions won't be affected by the down economy. Austin Peay State University provost Tristan Denley says applications are up 16 percent and the first two summer welcome sessions were well-attended. That leaves Denley estimating an overall 4 percent enrollment increase this fall. In a recent report Murray State recruitment officials indicated enrollment numbers were down during the spring semester. Students cited finances as a reason for not returning. But preliminary reports show growth in several areas for the fall semester, including a 16 percent jump in freshman enrollment. MSU's final enrollment numbers will be available in October.