Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue August 18, 2009
APSU Granted Imminent Domain
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A judge has granted Austin Peay State University imminent domain of a former business property at about a third of the asking price. The nearly one and a half acre downtown property has been a contention point between the school and the property owners for years. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the original asking price was $1.5 million. The university was granted "immediate possession" after it paid $530,000. The school says it wants to use the property for parking and green space.