Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue August 18, 2009
APSU Granted Imminent Domain
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A judge has granted Austin Peay State University imminent domain of a former business property at about a third of the asking price. The nearly one and a half acre downtown property has been a contention point between the school and the property owners for years. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the original asking price was $1.5 million. The university was granted "immediate possession" after it paid $530,000. The school says it wants to use the property for parking and green space.