Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu July 9, 2009
APSU Asks State to Condemn Property
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Austin Peay State University is trying to acquire over an acre of vacant property on College Street by asking the state to condemn it. The school has made attempts in the last four years to buy it at its appraised market value and says it has exhausted all options. The latest appraisal for the property was $447,000. However, the property owner is reportedly asking $1.5 million. The school says it wants to use the commercial-zoned lot for parking and green space.