Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu August 9, 2012
Applications Open for Kentucky Student Council
Kentucky public school students in grades 10 to 12 who have ideas about how to improve schools and student achievement can apply for appointment to a board that will advise state Education Commissioner Terry Holliday. The Education Department says the Next-Generation Student Council is a yearlong program providing student feedback that also engages student leaders in learning by doing. The group will meet with Holliday and Education Department staff. Appointments will be based on the applicants' ability to communicate their ideas and goals. Four students will be selected. Applications must be in by the close of business Eastern Time on August 31st and are available at the Kentucky Department of Education's website.