Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 26, 2012
Anthony Davis Trademarks Eyebrows
Originally published on Tue June 26, 2012 11:53 am
CNBC reports that University of Kentucky basketball star Anthony Davis has filed two trademarks regarding his notable browline.
Davis, known for his connected eyebrows, trademarked the phrases “Fear The Brow” and “Raise The Brow” earlier this month.“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told CNBC. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very unique.”Davis said that people frequently tell him to cut it, but Davis said he won’t because “everyone’s talking about it.”
“We sent a half a dozen cease-and-desist letters,” said Jason Schlafer, the school’s associate athletic director for marketing. “But towards the end of the season, people were getting really creative.”