Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue October 28, 2008
Another Horse Buggy Collision
By Todd Hatton
Fancy Farm, KY – Two passengers in a horse-drawn buggy were injured in a collision yesterday afternoon in Graves County just south of Fancy Farm.
79-year-old Wilma Hobbs of Mayfield was traveling south on Kentucky Highway 339 when she crested a rise and struck a southbound horse-drawn buggy driven by 32-year-old Susie Ann Yoder. Hobbs told police she did not see Yoder's vehicle until she had reached the top of the hill. Hobbs braked and swerved, but could not avoid the collision.
Two passengers in the buggy, 6-year-old Ruth Ann Yoder and 3-year-old Barbara Sue Yoder, were injured in the crash. Mayfield Graves County EMS transported the two children to Jackson Purchase Medical Center, where they were treated for their injuries. The Kentucky State Police is investigating.