Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri August 9, 2013
The Annual Gathering of the Juggalos Has Illinois Police on Alert
An annual music festival known for its rowdy attendees has Hardin County and Illinois State Police on alert.
The Gathering of the Juggalos annual festival is underway through Sunday in Cave in Rock, Ill. State Police expect 10,000 attendees at the event in the village of less than 1,000 residents.
Hardin County Deputy Bobby Deppin says in the first two full days of this year’s Gathering there have been 10 overdoses and 5 drug-related arrests. He says some local businesses have complained of the festival goers’ behavior.
“The kids like to go into restaurants and steal the condiments and stuff off of the tables. Or, you know, they get gas and dot it and drive away,” he says. “ I mean, there are some concerns with the locals, absolutely.”
He adds that the Illinois State Police and the forest service law enforcement are partnering with local police during the five-day festival.
“I don’t have a problem with the kids and the Gathering. That’s their right,” Deppin says. “I do have some concerns about the drug use and the violence and the things that go with it. You know, that’s our concern.”
Horrorcore hip hop group the Insane Clown Posse founded the Gathering festival which is sponsored by Psychopathic Records.