Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu February 9, 2012
Anniversary of Ft. Donelson Battle Bonds Dover
The Battle of Fort Donelson took place near Dover, Tennessee 150 years ago. The battle lasted six days and ended in surrender to Union forces. Today, residents of Dover are commemorating that battle with a series of events. Rose Krzton-Presson visited Dover and spoke with community members about how the town’s history has shaped what it is today.
"The Battle of For Donelson: A Retrospective" runs this weekend at Rose Ella Village in Dover. For more anniversary events, click here.