Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 9, 2012
Anniversary of Ft. Donelson Battle Bonds Dover
The Battle of Fort Donelson took place near Dover, Tennessee 150 years ago. The battle lasted six days and ended in surrender to Union forces. Today, residents of Dover are commemorating that battle with a series of events. Rose Krzton-Presson visited Dover and spoke with community members about how the town’s history has shaped what it is today.
"The Battle of For Donelson: A Retrospective" runs this weekend at Rose Ella Village in Dover. For more anniversary events, click here.