Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu February 9, 2012
Anniversary of Ft. Donelson Battle Bonds Dover
The Battle of Fort Donelson took place near Dover, Tennessee 150 years ago. The battle lasted six days and ended in surrender to Union forces. Today, residents of Dover are commemorating that battle with a series of events. Rose Krzton-Presson visited Dover and spoke with community members about how the town’s history has shaped what it is today.
"The Battle of For Donelson: A Retrospective" runs this weekend at Rose Ella Village in Dover. For more anniversary events, click here.