Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 9, 2012
Anniversary of Ft. Donelson Battle Bonds Dover
The Battle of Fort Donelson took place near Dover, Tennessee 150 years ago. The battle lasted six days and ended in surrender to Union forces. Today, residents of Dover are commemorating that battle with a series of events. Rose Krzton-Presson visited Dover and spoke with community members about how the town’s history has shaped what it is today.
"The Battle of For Donelson: A Retrospective" runs this weekend at Rose Ella Village in Dover. For more anniversary events, click here.