Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 4, 2013
Anglers Get Day Of Free Fishing In TN
Tennessee's annual free fishing day is coming up this weekend. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency will allow fishing without a license in the public waters on Saturday. The annual event is part of an effort aimed primarily at youngsters to increase interest in fishing in the state. Children ages 13 through 15 will able to fish without a license through June 14.
The TWRA stocks several thousand pounds of fish for various events associated with the free fishing day. A basic one-day fishing license for state residents costs $5.50, while an annual hunting and fishing license costs $28. No permit is required for children younger than 13.