Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue June 4, 2013
Anglers Get Day Of Free Fishing In TN
Tennessee's annual free fishing day is coming up this weekend. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency will allow fishing without a license in the public waters on Saturday. The annual event is part of an effort aimed primarily at youngsters to increase interest in fishing in the state. Children ages 13 through 15 will able to fish without a license through June 14.
The TWRA stocks several thousand pounds of fish for various events associated with the free fishing day. A basic one-day fishing license for state residents costs $5.50, while an annual hunting and fishing license costs $28. No permit is required for children younger than 13.