Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri February 21, 2014
Analysis: Who Oscar-Winning Actors Thank
Originally published on Tue February 25, 2014 4:31 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. We finally have analysis of actors giving thanks at the Oscars. You know, I want to thank my director or some inspiring figure. Twice in recent years, winning actors thanked Oprah; twice, they thanked Sidney Poitier. Three actors name-checked God; four thanked Meryl Streep - and that was the headline: Meryl Streep gets thanked more often than God.
We'd like to thank Slate for this information. Also, our editor, Kenya Young; director Lindsay Totty; and my mom. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.