Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue February 28, 2012
Analysis: Child Safety Not Always a Priority
A report published in the Lexington Herald Leader finds child safety in Kentucky is sometimes overlooked by social workers in domestic violence cases. The newspaper based its findings on 85 internal Cabinet for Health and Family Services reviews from 2009 and 2010. The agency performed these reviews when children with whom they had contact either died or received serious injuries. The analysis found 48 mentioned domestic violence and that domestic violence played a direct role in five cases. Cabinet officials say workers missed opportunities to protect children living in situations that included domestic violence. CHFA Assistant Director Jim Grace says the agency is conducting training on how domestic violence can affect child safety. (AP Report)