Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon August 3, 2009
Amish Man Drowns in Trigg Co.
Trigg County, KY – An Amish man from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, drowned while swimming in a Trigg County farm pond over the weekend. Department of Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement Officer Ken Richards says 20-year-old Jonas Beilor died Saturday while after taking off his life jacket while swimming with friends. Richards says Beilor was in the area to help build a house in the Amish community.
Beilor's body was recovered by divers from the volunteer Trigg County Rescue Team. Trigg County Coroner John Mark Vinson ruled the drowning accidental.