Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 3, 2009
Amish Man Drowns in Trigg Co.
Trigg County, KY – An Amish man from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, drowned while swimming in a Trigg County farm pond over the weekend. Department of Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement Officer Ken Richards says 20-year-old Jonas Beilor died Saturday while after taking off his life jacket while swimming with friends. Richards says Beilor was in the area to help build a house in the Amish community.
Beilor's body was recovered by divers from the volunteer Trigg County Rescue Team. Trigg County Coroner John Mark Vinson ruled the drowning accidental.