Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 7, 2013
American Tourist Accidentally Breaks Statue
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Just about every museum in the world has the same cardinal rule: no touching. A rule one American tourist failed to observe on a family vacation to Florence, Italy. He was comparing his own finger to the fingers on a 600-year-old statue - just measuring - when he nudged its ancient pinky and it snapped right off. In Florence, that can get you arrested. He did apologize, and his clumsy hands might be even more embarrassing because he's a surgeon. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.