Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed April 23, 2014
American Quilters Society Show Brings Thousands to Paducah
There's lots of traffic in Paducah because 2014's American Quilters Society Quilt Week is underway through Saturday. Winners were announced Wednesday night and you can see these remarkable works of art at aqsshows.com. Bonnie Browning is the Executive Show Director, and has been for many years, as well as being a quilter and author in her own right. She and Kate Lochte outline the attractions and logistics for visitors on Sounds Good.
"You can't cover everything you want to do in one day. It would be hard to even just walk through all of the venues in a single day, and I encourage people to have two or three days to spend here. Many of the quilters come for five days and go to the museum and the Rotary...and the rest of the week they can spend at the show itself."
See the winning quilts at aqsshows.com.