Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 10, 2012
American Queen Stranded Due to Lower Water
The ongoing drought has left the American Queen steamboat docked in Memphis, unable to paddle on down the Mississippi River because of low water. The steamboat stopped in Paducah this week on its journey down river.
American Queen Steamboat Company's Tim Rubacky tells The Commercial Appeal navigation problems caused by sluggish river flow make it unwise for the Queen to go any further south than Helena, Arkansas. About 58 passengers remained aboard Thursday night. About 240 others went on to Vicksburg by bus.