Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri June 5, 2009
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Senate President David Williams says there are ways to help the horse industry without putting video slots at the horse tracks, and has offered an alternate proposal. But Governor Beshear is refusing to let the alternative be heard.
"Unlike my proposal, President Williams' proposal would not create alternate sources of revenue."
Williams hopes the governor will change his mind and let alternative proposals be vetted, but he doesn't believe expanded gambling will reach the Senate anyway.
"If the House is prohibited from having the entire story, I don't think there is any way in the world that this bill will pass the House of Representatives."
Governor Beshear has again amended the special session call to include economic incentives and a funding mechanism for major bridge projects.