Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri June 29, 2012
All Burning Banned in Christian County
Christian County has banned all open burning and fireworks until further notice, but that won’t affect professional fireworks displays.
County officials say fireworks scheduled for July Fourth during the local fair will go forward unless something changes. More than 70 Kentucky counties have issued burn bans due to extreme dry conditions. Residents should check with their local judge-executive offices to find out what is allowed.