Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri June 29, 2012
All Burning Banned in Christian County
Christian County has banned all open burning and fireworks until further notice, but that won’t affect professional fireworks displays.
County officials say fireworks scheduled for July Fourth during the local fair will go forward unless something changes. More than 70 Kentucky counties have issued burn bans due to extreme dry conditions. Residents should check with their local judge-executive offices to find out what is allowed.