Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri June 29, 2012
All Burning Banned in Christian County
Christian County has banned all open burning and fireworks until further notice, but that won’t affect professional fireworks displays.
County officials say fireworks scheduled for July Fourth during the local fair will go forward unless something changes. More than 70 Kentucky counties have issued burn bans due to extreme dry conditions. Residents should check with their local judge-executive offices to find out what is allowed.