Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri June 29, 2012
All Burning Banned in Christian County
Christian County has banned all open burning and fireworks until further notice, but that won’t affect professional fireworks displays.
County officials say fireworks scheduled for July Fourth during the local fair will go forward unless something changes. More than 70 Kentucky counties have issued burn bans due to extreme dry conditions. Residents should check with their local judge-executive offices to find out what is allowed.