Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 29, 2012
All Burning Banned in Christian County
Christian County has banned all open burning and fireworks until further notice, but that won’t affect professional fireworks displays.
County officials say fireworks scheduled for July Fourth during the local fair will go forward unless something changes. More than 70 Kentucky counties have issued burn bans due to extreme dry conditions. Residents should check with their local judge-executive offices to find out what is allowed.