Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed January 2, 2013
Alexander Sworn In As Trigg Judge-Executive
Former Cadiz police Chief Hollis Alexander is officially Trigg County’s new Judge Executive. Governor Beshear appointed Alexander soon after former Trigg Judge-executive Stan Humphries won his bid to be the next 1st district state senator. After his swearing in ceremony today (Wednesday), Alexander said he's a little overwhelmed with his new job, but is ready to face whatever challenges come his way.
“The big thing I think, I mean issues for me, and I don’t want to say it hasn’t been addressed in the past, I don’t want to leave that impression because it has in many ways and many forms," Alexander said, " is economic development, jobs and growth in Trigg County, progressive growth and a proactive approach to different things I think is a big thing for me at this time.”
Trigg County Fiscal Court's first meeting of 2013 is Monday. Hollis, a democrat, says currently no one has been selected to replace him as police chief.