Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed January 2, 2013
Alexander Sworn In As Trigg Judge-Executive
Former Cadiz police Chief Hollis Alexander is officially Trigg County’s new Judge Executive. Governor Beshear appointed Alexander soon after former Trigg Judge-executive Stan Humphries won his bid to be the next 1st district state senator. After his swearing in ceremony today (Wednesday), Alexander said he's a little overwhelmed with his new job, but is ready to face whatever challenges come his way.
“The big thing I think, I mean issues for me, and I don’t want to say it hasn’t been addressed in the past, I don’t want to leave that impression because it has in many ways and many forms," Alexander said, " is economic development, jobs and growth in Trigg County, progressive growth and a proactive approach to different things I think is a big thing for me at this time.”
Trigg County Fiscal Court's first meeting of 2013 is Monday. Hollis, a democrat, says currently no one has been selected to replace him as police chief.