Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon December 3, 2012
Alexander Names Leadership for Third Senate Bid
Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has announced the leadership team for his 2014 re-election campaign, dispelling speculation the 72-year-old is nearing retirement. U.S. Rep. John Duncan will serve as Alexander’s campaign chairman. Gov. Bill Haslam, Sen. Bob Corker, state Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey and House Speaker Beth Harwell are all honorary co-chairs.
If Alexander wins it will be his third term in the Senate. He has also served twice as governor, president of the University of Tennessee and U.S. secretary of education.