Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon December 3, 2012
Alexander Names Leadership for Third Senate Bid
Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has announced the leadership team for his 2014 re-election campaign, dispelling speculation the 72-year-old is nearing retirement. U.S. Rep. John Duncan will serve as Alexander’s campaign chairman. Gov. Bill Haslam, Sen. Bob Corker, state Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey and House Speaker Beth Harwell are all honorary co-chairs.
If Alexander wins it will be his third term in the Senate. He has also served twice as governor, president of the University of Tennessee and U.S. secretary of education.