Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 3, 2012
Alexander Names Leadership for Third Senate Bid
Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander has announced the leadership team for his 2014 re-election campaign, dispelling speculation the 72-year-old is nearing retirement. U.S. Rep. John Duncan will serve as Alexander’s campaign chairman. Gov. Bill Haslam, Sen. Bob Corker, state Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey and House Speaker Beth Harwell are all honorary co-chairs.
If Alexander wins it will be his third term in the Senate. He has also served twice as governor, president of the University of Tennessee and U.S. secretary of education.