Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed April 11, 2012
Alcoholic Beverage Server Training Ordinance
Paducah City Commissioners discussed a prospective ordinance last night requiring training for anyone who serves alcoholic drinks at restaurants and bars in the city. The training focuses on spotting fake ID’s and recognizing heavily intoxicated patrons. Should the ordinance pass, existing wait staff would have 90 days to complete the training and new servers would have to complete the course within 60 days of their hiring date. Commissioners will vote on the ordinance in their next session.