Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed March 14, 2012
Alcoholic Beverage Server Training
Businesses that serve alcohol in the city of Paducah might soon face a mandatory obligation to send their staff to alcoholic beverage server training. During the Paducah City Commissioners’ meeting Tuesday, commissioners heard and discussed a presentation on the program, “Server Training in Alcohol Regulations” or “S.T.A.R.”. The program trains servers and others involved in the sale of alcohol on Kentucky alcoholic laws and regulations as well as fake identifications and signs of over-serving. Commissioners agreed to draft an ordinance requiring the training and will vote in a later meeting whether or not to pass it. Currently, 52 other communities in the state mandate the training through local ordinances.