Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri March 1, 2013
Alcohol Vote Coming to McCracken County Precinct
A petition to allow alcohol sales is going to the ballot in The McCracken County Maxon Precinct, near West Paducah.
Voters will decide whether or not to allow restaurant and package alcohol sales. Paducah Regional SportPlex Co-Owner and General Manager Tim Stonecipher is spearheading the vote. Stonecipher said his mission is less about legalizing alcohol and more about attracting business to the area around the sportsplex.
“In order to sell to a gas station and a nice restaurant that’s approached us, they rely on selling alcohol in order to having their businesses to make it,” Stonecipher said. “So we don’t intend on being a place that sells alcohol. We thought would like to be able to have that option to develop our commercial development.”
McCracken County Deputy Judge-executive Doug Harnice said he hasn't set an official election date, the vote will most likely be May 7.