Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon March 5, 2012
Alcohol Training Support Bill Moving Forward
An effort to strengthen the training alcohol support specialists receive is moving through the General Assembly.
House Bill 335 is sponsored by state Representative Joni Jenkins. It would require drug and alcohol support to receive extra training to be licensed in that field.
Jenkins told a committee last week that the extra training hours would be the equivalent of doing coursework for a master’s degree.
"We have folks right now doing the work without licensure, so we’re really not changing what folks are doing, we’re just putting them on a path to licensure,” she says.
The bill easily passed out of committee. It awaits action on the House floor.