Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Tue July 3, 2012
Alcohol Sales at State Parks Provide KY with Revenue
Ever since five Kentucky state parks began selling alcohol by the drink last August, liquor sales have procured more than $110,000 for the state.
State Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Council Secretary Marchetta Sparrow says the availability of liquor in the parks makes them more enticing to groups booking locations for conferences and conventions.
“It is a process of working with the meeting and convention groups to get them acclimated to the fact that we have that amenity for them; and once they become more acclimated with that, our revenue will certainly grow.”
Sparrow says there have been no incidents as a result of alcohol sales in the five parks- which include Lake Barkley.