Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed November 3, 2010
Alcohol Referendum Passes in Smithland
By Angela Hatton
Smithland, KY – A liquor-by-the-drink referendum in Smithland passed by 61 percent last night. The measure allows alcohol sales at restaurants within city limits. One-hundred-thirty-two residents voted on the issue, which appeared on the ballot after Smithland businesswoman Diane Fraley collected the required number of signatures. Fraley plans to convert the historic Gower House into a restaurant. Mayor Joe Ward previously said he welcomed anything that would increase city revenue.