Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed May 27, 2009
Airport Receives Funds, But Not Enough
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville's Outlaw Field has received stimulus package funds to assist in their bid to build a new airport. The state appropriated three-hundred-fifty-thousand dollars to help construct a new terminal to replace the outdated facility. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports airport officials had hoped for one million dollars from the state. They say the reduced appropriation means slower progress on the project. Estimated costs for the terminal have so far topped five million dollars.