Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 27, 2009
Airport Receives Funds, But Not Enough
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville's Outlaw Field has received stimulus package funds to assist in their bid to build a new airport. The state appropriated three-hundred-fifty-thousand dollars to help construct a new terminal to replace the outdated facility. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports airport officials had hoped for one million dollars from the state. They say the reduced appropriation means slower progress on the project. Estimated costs for the terminal have so far topped five million dollars.