Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu February 11, 2010
Airport gets new technology
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Murray Calloway County's Kyle-Oakley Airfield secured a deal for a new electronic weather observation system (AWOS). The airport took the $59,000 bid from Advance Weather Incorporated after the board approved it yesterday (Wednesday). A $75,000 Federal Aviation Administration grant funds the new system. The current system is running adequately, but worries about compatibility warranted the renewal.