Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 11, 2010
Airport gets new technology
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Murray Calloway County's Kyle-Oakley Airfield secured a deal for a new electronic weather observation system (AWOS). The airport took the $59,000 bid from Advance Weather Incorporated after the board approved it yesterday (Wednesday). A $75,000 Federal Aviation Administration grant funds the new system. The current system is running adequately, but worries about compatibility warranted the renewal.