Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 11, 2010
Airport gets new technology
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Murray Calloway County's Kyle-Oakley Airfield secured a deal for a new electronic weather observation system (AWOS). The airport took the $59,000 bid from Advance Weather Incorporated after the board approved it yesterday (Wednesday). A $75,000 Federal Aviation Administration grant funds the new system. The current system is running adequately, but worries about compatibility warranted the renewal.