Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 16, 2013
AHCA Delaying TN Budgets
Henry County Mayor Brent Greer said several county budgets are being delayed because departments are having difficulty adjusting to new policies prompted by the Affordable Health Care Act.
Greer said the issue stems from departments having to make final rulings on which employees will be considered full time. In Henry County, a 28-hour work week represents full-time status.
Greer said the school system is having the biggest problem finalizing a budget. However, Greer said he’s confident a full budget will be passed at the July 15 county commission meeting.
2013 TN General Assembly