Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 16, 2013
AHCA Delaying TN Budgets
Henry County Mayor Brent Greer said several county budgets are being delayed because departments are having difficulty adjusting to new policies prompted by the Affordable Health Care Act.
Greer said the issue stems from departments having to make final rulings on which employees will be considered full time. In Henry County, a 28-hour work week represents full-time status.
Greer said the school system is having the biggest problem finalizing a budget. However, Greer said he’s confident a full budget will be passed at the July 15 county commission meeting.
2013 TN General Assembly