Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 16, 2013
AHCA Delaying TN Budgets
Henry County Mayor Brent Greer said several county budgets are being delayed because departments are having difficulty adjusting to new policies prompted by the Affordable Health Care Act.
Greer said the issue stems from departments having to make final rulings on which employees will be considered full time. In Henry County, a 28-hour work week represents full-time status.
Greer said the school system is having the biggest problem finalizing a budget. However, Greer said he’s confident a full budget will be passed at the July 15 county commission meeting.
2013 TN General Assembly