Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 27, 2009
AG Conway Considering Mark Manning DUI
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Attorney General Jack Conway is considering ordering the Murray-Calloway County Economic Development Corporation to release records related to a trip its director took to Frankfort in June. A Lexington law firm is behind the request, but won't reveal their client. 54-year-old Director Mark Manning was arrested while on the trip and charged with driving under the influence. The Paducah Sun reports his blood-alcohol level was more than two and a half times the legal limit. Since the Economic Development Corporation gets more than a quarter of its funds from public sources, it is subject to the Open Records Law. Manning has apologized and said he used poor judgment.