Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 27, 2009
AG Conway Considering Mark Manning DUI
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Attorney General Jack Conway is considering ordering the Murray-Calloway County Economic Development Corporation to release records related to a trip its director took to Frankfort in June. A Lexington law firm is behind the request, but won't reveal their client. 54-year-old Director Mark Manning was arrested while on the trip and charged with driving under the influence. The Paducah Sun reports his blood-alcohol level was more than two and a half times the legal limit. Since the Economic Development Corporation gets more than a quarter of its funds from public sources, it is subject to the Open Records Law. Manning has apologized and said he used poor judgment.