Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 27, 2009
AG Conway Considering Mark Manning DUI
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Attorney General Jack Conway is considering ordering the Murray-Calloway County Economic Development Corporation to release records related to a trip its director took to Frankfort in June. A Lexington law firm is behind the request, but won't reveal their client. 54-year-old Director Mark Manning was arrested while on the trip and charged with driving under the influence. The Paducah Sun reports his blood-alcohol level was more than two and a half times the legal limit. Since the Economic Development Corporation gets more than a quarter of its funds from public sources, it is subject to the Open Records Law. Manning has apologized and said he used poor judgment.