Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu August 27, 2009
AG Conway Considering Mark Manning DUI
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Attorney General Jack Conway is considering ordering the Murray-Calloway County Economic Development Corporation to release records related to a trip its director took to Frankfort in June. A Lexington law firm is behind the request, but won't reveal their client. 54-year-old Director Mark Manning was arrested while on the trip and charged with driving under the influence. The Paducah Sun reports his blood-alcohol level was more than two and a half times the legal limit. Since the Economic Development Corporation gets more than a quarter of its funds from public sources, it is subject to the Open Records Law. Manning has apologized and said he used poor judgment.