Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed March 28, 2012
Ag Commissioner Warns of Equine West Nile
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer issued a warning today that weather conditions are ripe for an outbreak of West Nile Virus. And he says horse owners should consult their veterinarians about vaccinating their horses against the disease. West Nile is spread by mosquitoes, and mosquitoes thrive in the warm, wet conditions the state has experienced in the last few weeks. Officials say no horse in Kentucky that has undergone a full West Nile vaccination regimen is known to have contracted the virus since 2003.