Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon April 22, 2013
Ag Commissioner James Comer: Indictment of Richie Farmer Won't Affect Department
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the indictment of his predecessor Richie Farmer won't be an issue for the state Agriculture Department.
After taking office, Comer and his staff have helped with the many investigations of Farmer's tenure as commissioner. And Comer says he's made it his goal to restore public confidence in the department.
"I hate this for the Farmer family, but this is not a distraction for the Department of Agriculture, we've brought in new management, we're going everything we can to promote agriculture."
Farmer was indicted on four felony counts for misappropriating state money and another count of solicitation. Prosecutors say he misused state funds and used his office to obtain.