Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed May 9, 2012
Afternoon Update 5-9
From NPR: In an interview with ABC News, President Obama declared his support for gay marriage. This marks a departure from the president's previous stance, which has repeatedly been described as "evolving."
From the Four Rivers Region:
A recent study shows a large percentage of Tennesseans didn't see a doctor over the last decade because they couldn't afford to.
In the Commonwealth:
The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce will host a Mayoral and City Commissioner Candidate Forum on Monday, May 14, 6 p.m., in the City Hall Commission Chambers.
A state-wide report on ways to battle obesity uses two western Kentucky programs as examples for other communities.
Kentucky Senator Julie Denton says the state's largest private Medicaid company is underpaying and threatening healthcare providers, and she says lawmakers may kick the company out of the state Medicaid system if the behavior persists.