Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed May 9, 2012
Afternoon Update 5-9
From NPR: In an interview with ABC News, President Obama declared his support for gay marriage. This marks a departure from the president's previous stance, which has repeatedly been described as "evolving."
From the Four Rivers Region:
A recent study shows a large percentage of Tennesseans didn't see a doctor over the last decade because they couldn't afford to.
In the Commonwealth:
The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce will host a Mayoral and City Commissioner Candidate Forum on Monday, May 14, 6 p.m., in the City Hall Commission Chambers.
A state-wide report on ways to battle obesity uses two western Kentucky programs as examples for other communities.
Kentucky Senator Julie Denton says the state's largest private Medicaid company is underpaying and threatening healthcare providers, and she says lawmakers may kick the company out of the state Medicaid system if the behavior persists.