Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue May 8, 2012
Afternoon Update 5-8
From NPR: World oil prices have been falling recently — and that's good news for oil consumers such as the U.S., Europe and China, and a potential challenge for the big exporters like Saudi Arabia and Russia.
From the Four Rivers Region:
The Tennessee Valley Authority has opened a new recreation area with a fishing pier on the west bank of the Tennessee River below Kentucky Dam.
Hall Contracting of Kentucky reports the initial phase of steel assembly as part of efforts to place a new span on the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge at Aurora is nearing completion.
Murray City Council members could approve the next city budget as early as their next meeting on Thursday.
In the Commonwealth:
Kentucky officials are once again planning to crack down on voter fraud in the May 22 primary.