Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue May 8, 2012
Afternoon Update 5-8
From NPR: World oil prices have been falling recently — and that's good news for oil consumers such as the U.S., Europe and China, and a potential challenge for the big exporters like Saudi Arabia and Russia.
From the Four Rivers Region:
The Tennessee Valley Authority has opened a new recreation area with a fishing pier on the west bank of the Tennessee River below Kentucky Dam.
Hall Contracting of Kentucky reports the initial phase of steel assembly as part of efforts to place a new span on the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge at Aurora is nearing completion.
Murray City Council members could approve the next city budget as early as their next meeting on Thursday.
In the Commonwealth:
Kentucky officials are once again planning to crack down on voter fraud in the May 22 primary.