Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon September 17, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 9/16/12
Today on NPR: Krumping is a form of dance that originated in California and — with the help of DVDs and the Internet — has made its way to Dunbar and other kids in the West African nation of Liberia. Founded by freed American slaves, the country embraces all things American.
Around the Commonwealth:
- Hopkinsville breaks ground tomorrow on the city’s new municipal center.
- Wickliffe and Columbus, Kentucky, are among cities from ten states partnering to build a Mississippi River legislative platform.
- A Democratic super PAC that was active in last year's governor's race is taking part in legislative races this fall.
- The 2012 Kentucky Historic Preservation Conference begins this week in of Princeton.