Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon September 17, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 9/16/12
Today on NPR: Krumping is a form of dance that originated in California and — with the help of DVDs and the Internet — has made its way to Dunbar and other kids in the West African nation of Liberia. Founded by freed American slaves, the country embraces all things American.
Around the Commonwealth:
- Hopkinsville breaks ground tomorrow on the city’s new municipal center.
- Wickliffe and Columbus, Kentucky, are among cities from ten states partnering to build a Mississippi River legislative platform.
- A Democratic super PAC that was active in last year's governor's race is taking part in legislative races this fall.
- The 2012 Kentucky Historic Preservation Conference begins this week in of Princeton.