Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue August 7, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/7/12
Today on NPR: In France, some say a gastronomic icon is under threat. For the last decade, the number of pre-prepared, frozen croissants sold in bakeries has been increasing. These knock-offs are cheaper, but they're also less delicious.
Jackson Purchase Area:
- Rescue squads recovered the bodies of two Joppa Illinois men who drowned in the Ohio River last night.
- Caldwell County's Clerk says a high number of Princeton voters are casting their ballots on a local option election to allow alcohol sales in the city.
- Paducah Police officers are looking for two suspects who allegedly robbed a Paducah Walgreens.
- A rally in support of coal is scheduled for this weekend in southeast Kentucky.
- Madisonville’s Sanitation Department will seek bids next week for nearly 1,000 curbside recycling totes.
Environmental groups have filed suit in federal court in an effort to get the Environmental Protection Agency to stiffen rules regulating air pollution.