Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue August 28, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/28/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: Paul Ryan Had A Black Girlfriend — Does It Matter?
- The Food and Drug Administration says salmonella found at a cantaloupe farm in southwestern Indiana matches the "DNA fingerprint" of the salmonella responsible for killing two Kentuckians and sickening 150 people in 21 states.
- A proposed ordinance to help save Hopkins County money on road repairs by holding logging trucks accountable for road damage may be amended to include all commercial traffic.
- The Kentucky state auditor’s office found several non-compliance issues with the Caldwell County Fiscal Court’s financial practices.
- The now-Category 1 Hurricane Isaac is expected to hit landfall near New Orleans tonight.
- Planters Bank in Hopkinsville is suing Murray businessman Charles (Chuck) Jones for nearly $11.3 million for allegedly breaching loan agreements with the bank.