Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed August 22, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/22/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: A debate is growing among Israel's secular Jewish majority over the question of whether to circumcise newborn sons.
- Marshall County’s Smoke-Free Clean Air Coalition is using results from a new survey on indoor air pollution from second hand smoke to boost the coalition’s cause.
- The Hopkinsville City Council is reviving a smoking ordinance proposed earlier this year.
- Kentucky's two U.S. Senators, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, are some of the most vocal opponents of the Affordable Care Act.
- Two of Kentucky's highest profile Democrats say they are not interested in taking on U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014.