Most Active Stories
- Paducah Officials Stay Quiet as Alleged BBQ Festival, Store Violations Come to Light
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- Laser Enrichment Company Files Intent to Build on PGDP Site
- Weather Related Closings
- [Update] NWS: Significant Ice Threat... Strong Winds... Possible Prolonged Power Outages
Tue August 21, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/21/12
Today on NPR: A growing number of phone apps are using internal GPS to locate other potentially compatible singles nearby. But to date, far more men than women are signing up for the services.
- Kentucky congressman Ed Whitfield is among Republicans meeting in Tampa this week to set the Republican National Convention party platform.
- Kentucky's two U.S. Senators say they both want to repeal the Affordable Care Act, but wouldn't elaborate on reforms to replace the measure.
- Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says it may be time for lawmakers to take a second look at a tough prescription pill bill that passed earlier this year.
- A three-judge panel has voted two to one to strike down a new rule from the Environmental Protection Agency that would require some states to reduce pollution that travels across state lines.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education has again named Murray State University as a “Great College to Work For.”
- With the rate of suicides among military personnel continuing to rise, a University of Kentucky professor is leading a study to investigate the effect those deaths have on family and friends left behind.
To see this morning's news, click here for the morning cram.