Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 16, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/16/12
Today on NPR: The government began accepting applications Wednesday for "deferred action for childhood arrivals." The program allows qualified undocumented young people brought to the U.S. as children to study and work legally in the U.S. Many are applying, but the process is not without risk for some.
Around the Commonwealth:
- A Hopkins County lawmaker is among some state house Republicans questioning whether evolution should be a part of Kentucky’s standardized science tests.
- A study of more than 800 western Kentucky children shows 25% are obese, and another 18% are overweight.
- Kentucky's jobless rate has risen to 8.3 percent in the most recent Office of Employment and Training report.
- The involvement of a state representative in a major coal deal in Kentucky is raising some eyebrows.
- KentuckyOne Health says it is terminating contracts at all its facilities with Medicaid provider Coventry Cares.
- The Tennessee Valley Authority will keep electricity rates the same for customers in the coming fiscal year.
Missed this morning's news? Check out our morning cram here.