Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 15, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/15/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: Tammy Smith: The First Openly Gay U.S. General
Business (Kentucky and Beyond):
- A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park.
- Coal mines in Kentucky and West Virginia will send millions of tons of coal to India, under the terms of a 25-year contract that was signed today.
- Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy.
- The chair of Kentucky's tax commission says a sweeping overhaul of the state's tax code isn't in the works.
- The recent federal court ruling that Kentucky’s law against selling wine in grocery stores is unconstitutional may affect a similar law in Tennessee.
The Army Corps of Engineers is dredging the Elvis Stahr Harbor at Hickman, Kentucky this week.