Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 15, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/15/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: Tammy Smith: The First Openly Gay U.S. General
Business (Kentucky and Beyond):
- A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park.
- Coal mines in Kentucky and West Virginia will send millions of tons of coal to India, under the terms of a 25-year contract that was signed today.
- Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy.
- The chair of Kentucky's tax commission says a sweeping overhaul of the state's tax code isn't in the works.
- The recent federal court ruling that Kentucky’s law against selling wine in grocery stores is unconstitutional may affect a similar law in Tennessee.
The Army Corps of Engineers is dredging the Elvis Stahr Harbor at Hickman, Kentucky this week.